We are Riverdale Poultry Services Inc. (“RPS”), a leading poultry catching company, based in Elmira Ontario with a crew based in Wingham.
Company operating name: Riverdale Poultry Services Inc
Business Address: 6811 Line 86, Elmira, ON N3B 2Z5
Title of position: Chicken and Turkey Catcher Level I (NOC 8431)
Number of vacancies: 50
- Catch and load live poultry — chickens and turkeys — into transport containers (i.e. bins, crates and modules)
- Assess, sort and corral birds based on fitness to load
- Move and load transport containers into/onto specialized transport trailers
- Follow food safety, security and animal bio-security procedures
- Adhere to the highest animal welfare and workplace safety standards while working
- Detect disease and health problems in poultry
- Help setup and teardown the catching site before and after each catch and assist in preparing barn for grower return
- Assist transport drivers with setting up trailers for loading and preparing trailer for transport (i.e. chains, straps, and tarps) after loading is completed
Term: This is a full-time position for 2 years, based on 30 hours per week
Wage: $15.50 per hour.
- No-cost transportation to and from the work location to be paid by employer
- Vacation pay (4%)
- If your wage had been based on piecework and would have been higher than $15.50/hour, the difference will be paid out as a bonus
Location of work: Brussels, Londesborough, Fergus, Elora, Glencairn, Dublin, Elmira, London, Woodstock, Hanover, St. Mary’s, Milton and any other farms in other locations in Southern Ontario
There are no specific education, training or experience requirements. Previous experience as a chicken catcher or experience with animals and animal welfare procedures is an asset. You do need to be willing to work evenings, nights and early mornings and be willing to travel regularly and for extended periods of time.
English language skills are an asset; a resume is required.
Contact information: please send your application per email to RPShiring@riverdalepoultry.ca